Question \#3 (50 points): A TV broadcasting GEO satellite (38,500km) equipped with 16 transponders, each transponder has output power of 200W and a bandwidth of 25MHz. The antenna on the satellite has a gain (on axis) of 34dB. The receiving terminals all use antennas with a circular aperture with a diameter of 0.5m and an aperture efficiency of 65%. The noise i bandwidth of the digital TV receiver is 20MHz a. What is the free space path loss and the receiving terminal antenna gain at frequency f=12.2GHz. b. What is the downlink power from the satellite to the earth station on the 3dB contour (of-axis) of the satellite antenna beam. Consider that the satellite trinsmits a power of 180W and atmospheric loss of 0.7dB. c. If the receiving station has a system noise temperature of 110K in clear air. What is the noise power budget for the receiver using the receiver's noise bandwidth. d. Calculate the C/N ratio for the receiver with a noise bandwidth of 20MHz. If the minimum allowed C/N ratio is 10.0dB. What is the link margin? e. If heavy rain causes 2dB excess path attenuation and the system noise temperature of the receiver increases to 210K. Calculate the C/N under these rain conditions, and the link margin above the C/N threshold of 10.0dB.
(c) 299kg of cadmium at 29?C is to be melted. (The melting point is 324 The beat supply if from a. system, which supplies 210 kcalikg, at state. Pind the quantity of heat to be supplied by the system. (Crved Atomic weight of cadmum=112.4, Cp=(6+0.0051) kcalsmol o C and "C. Jatentheat of füsion=2050 kcal/kmol):
The Phillips curve describing an economy takes the form u = un – \alpha (\pi – \Epsilon \pi ). The central bank directly sets the inflation rate to minimize the following loss function, L(u, \pi ) = u – \gamma \pi 2. The symbol u denotes the unemployment rates, un is the natural rate of unemployment, \pi is the inflation rate, \Epsilon \pi is the expected inflation rate, and \alpha and \gamma are behavioral response parameters of the economy. Private agents form their expectations rationally before the central bank sets the inflation rate. The optimal inflation rate when the central bank operates using a fixed rule will be ______. The optimal inflation rate when the central bank operates with discretion will be ______.
Question 7 options:
0; \alpha /(2\gamma )
\alpha /(2\gamma ); 0
Calculate the voltage generated by a fuel cell at 85 A/m^2 using the equations given . the following assumptions are made to
simplify the analysis of PEM fuel cell stack .
(1) The system reaches a steady state.
(2) Air in the fuel cell consists of 79% N2 and 21% O2.
(3) Chemical reaction reaches equilibrium state.
(4) Constant and equal pressures in the fuel cell gas flow
(5) The fuel is humidified hydrogen and oxidant is humidified
air. Assume the effective anode water vapor pressure
is 50% of the saturated vapor pressure while the effective
cathode water pressure is 100%.
(6) The fuel cell operating temperature keeps at 85 C, and
fuel cell operating pressure is 303.96 kPa.
(7) Flow temperature at the exit of the channels is constant
and equal to the operating temperature of stack.
(8) The temperature is distributed uniformly across the stack
and the overall specific heat capacity is assumed to be
(9) Pressure change at PEM fuel cell stack is negligible.
(10) The heat loss to surroundings is neglected due to the
insulation layer. The organic working fluids are chosen to
instead of the conventional coolant for the PEM fuel cell
stack heat dissipation.
(11) Parameters for single cell can be lumped together to form
(12) The mechanical conversion efficiency of compressor is
assumed to be 100%.
The memory controller on a microprocessor employs a limited open page policy, keeping pages open for a fixed amount of time after each access. If no reference is made to the open page during that time, then it is closed (and ACTIVATE command is issued to the bank).
Assume use of PC3-10600 DIMM with (9-9-9-24) timing. Assume memory reads only.
a) How long (in DRAM memory cycles) will a memory reference take to complete if it’s to an empty page (one that has been closed)?
b) How long (in DRAM memory cycles) will a memory reference take to complete if it’s a page hit (it’s to an open page)?
c) How long (in DRAM memory cycles) will a memory reference take to complete if it’s a page miss (it’s to a bank with an open page but it’s not the page requested)?
You have just been hired as a financial analyst for Lydex Company, a manufacturer of safety helmets. Your boss has asked you to perform a comprehensive analysis of the company's financial statements, including comparing Lydex's performance to its major competitors. The company's financial statements for the last two years are as follows: To begin your assignment you gather the following financial data and ratios that are typical of companies in Lydex Company's industry:
3. You decide, finally, to ossess the company's liquidity and asset management. For both this yeat and last year, compute a. Working capital. b. The current ratio. (Round your flnal answers to 2 decimal places.) c. The acid-test ratio. (Round your flnal answers to 2 decimal places.) d. The averoge collection period. (The accounts recelvable ot the beginning of last year totaled $1,570,000 ) (Use 305 doys in a year. Round your Intermedlate calculatlons and final answers to 2 decimol ploce.) e. The averoge sale period. (The inventory at the beginning of last year totaled $1,930.000 ) (Use 305 days In o yeer. Round your Intermediate colculations and final answers to 2 decimal place.) f. The operating cycle (Round your Intermediate calculations and final answeri to 2 decimal ploce.) 9. The total asset turnover. (The total assets at the beginning of last year totaled $12.970,000 ) (Round your final answerz to 2 decima ploces.)
Consider a direct-mapped cache with 32 lines (blocks) of 32 bytes using write allocation with write back. The cache does not utilize critical word first.
For each CPU memory reference below, identify whether it results in a cache hit or a miss. If a miss, identify the type of miss. For each CPU memory reference, identify any actual memory operations the cache performs. For each actual memory operation indicate whether it’s a read or write, the starting address, and the number of bytes transferred. Assume the cache starts out invalidated. Assume all CPU memory references are to single bytes. Assume the system does not employ
critical word first and the DIMMs support programmable burst length of 4 or 8. denotes a hexadecimal number. Thus 0x08 = 0816.
Health Department program has given guidelines for maintaining Blood count to create awareness among people. In the public interest they have published these border line various test values for the three different types of blood count as follows:
WBC: 4 - 11
a. Derive the total numbers of test cases that will be needed for BVA, Robust BVA,
Worst Case BVA and Robust Worst case BVA.
b. Write Normal BVA test cases.
Create aFACT SHEET (1 - 2 pages) PLEASEEEEE.... Everything relevant to the topic. One-stop info. Use headings. Is for anyone as a hand-out or on-line info.
Who is it for (what conditions) and how does in help? List foods to avoid or consume, e.g. sodium what foods have lot of added salt and why potassium important? If weight to be gained or lost, significance of BMI (ranges). What is the restriction (limits), amounts needed Saturated, unsaturated, essential fats; types of fibre and benefits for high, why restrict; importance of protein for muscles and bones, etc.